Commercial And Contract Litigation
Any business owner knows that time is money. Time and resources spent trying to resolve a dispute or handle a litigation matter can very quickly have a negative impact directly on your bottom line.
Resolving Your Commercial Law Problem Is Our Mission
At Showalter Law Firm, in Richmond, Texas, we never forget that your business is your success. When you hire us, you will work directly with an experienced litigation attorney, but you will also have a team of business and commercial lawyers on your side.
Contract dispute resolution is a significant part of our practice. Our commercial law attorneys aggressively protect your rights as we skillfully negotiate a resolution that will not involve costly trial, whenever possible. Our experience in this complex area of law includes cases involving:
- Breach of contract claims
- Partnership disputes
- Stock fraud
- Interference with contracts
- Royalty disputes
- Intellectual property infringement
- Business succession disputes
- Breach of fiduciary responsibility for mergers or acquisitions
Our clients come to us from a broad range of industries throughout the Greater Houston metropolitan area, including:
- Oil and gas, energy, petroleum
- Service industries
- Professional practices
- Music publishing and recording, authors, artists
Business Contract Law
We use our experience in contract litigation to protect businesses from pitfalls that may end up in dispute. Before you sign a contract with an investing partner, customer, vendor or commercial property holder, see us first.
The Showalter Law Firm can assist you in writing, reviewing and revising contracts, including
- Business startup agreements, partnership and shareholder agreements
- Real estate purchase and sales agreements, commercial leases
- Business succession planning and ownership transfer
- Sales and distribution agreements
- Service and installation agreements
- Employment agreements
- Entertainment industry contracts
- Construction proposals and agreements
Legal representation and analysis is important in generating, interpreting and enforcing contracts. Standard contracts usually protect only the party who created the contract. It is dangerous to sign anything without having your lawyer review it. Laws governing business relationships are increasingly complex. Forms you have used for years may not protect you today.
When things go wrong, it is essential for you to document your side of the story through contracts, witnesses, videos and samples. The Showalter Law Firm can help you analyze, organize and present the facts needed to protect your interests in simple and complex business disputes.
Wherever you are in southeast Texas, call Showalter Law Firm at , or reach us by email to arrange an initial consultation.